Job Title: Production Manager
Company/Organization: Classical Theatre of Harlem
Job Type: Full-time, overtime exempt
Location: New York City, NY
The Classical Theatre of Harlem is seeking a talented and experienced Production Manager to oversee the technical and logistical aspects of our productions. The successful candidate will work closely with our artistic director, general manager, and creative teams to ensure that all productions are delivered to the highest standards and within budget. This is a full-time position based in New York City. The season consists of one major, outdoor production at Marcus Garvey Park in Harlem, New York, with smaller runs and one-off events around the City.
- Collaborate with the artistic director, general manager and creative team to plan and execute all technical aspects of productions, including lighting, sound, set design, costumes, and props.
- Develop and manage production schedules and budgets, ensuring that productions are delivered on time and within budget.
- Hire and manage production staff, including stage managers, technical directors, designers, stagehands, and other production personnel.
- Supervise all technical departments of productions, including the setup and operation of lighting, sound, video, rigging, wardrobe, and others.
- Manage and maintain all production equipment and supplies, ensuring that they are in good working order and available when needed.
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization, such as marketing and development, to ensure that productions are effectively promoted and supported.
- Ensure that all productions comply with relevant health and safety regulations and industry standards.
- Provide regular reports to senior management on production progress, budget performance, and any issues that arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theatre, production management, stage management, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a production manager, stage manager, or other technical management position in a professional theatre setting.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Knowledge of technical theatre, including lighting, sound, video, and set design.
- Working knowledge of local union rulebooks including AEA, SDC, IATSE and USA, as well as a willingness to advocate on behalf of employees and their safety (union and non-union).
- Familiarity with industry-standard software, such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CAD software.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, in accordance with production schedules.
- Passion for the arts and a commitment to creating high-quality theatre productions.
The Classical Theatre of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, including a comprehensive health insurance policy. If you are passionate about theatre and have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Please email a resume to Michael Windham at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Harrison Corthell at email@example.com. In your email, please include an explanation of your technical skills and qualifications for this role.