Since its founding in 1999, CTH has presented a repertory of works ranging from traditional classical playwrights (Anton Chekhov, Euripides, and William Shakespeare), to established 20th century playwrights (August Wilson, Langston Hughes, and Jean Genet), to new plays by emerging playwrights which we believe will stand the test of time. The intern(s) hired for this position should expect to be involved in all aspects of theater management.
Each CTH intern will be assigned a department but all applicants should enjoy working with a great team of administrators and artists who care deeply about producing quality work. Expect to learn the ins and outs of theater administration and helping to produce a great production this summer. In return, the intern should bring essential skills to this position:
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work independently on important projects
- A strong interest in the arts–specifically theater.
- Field customer phone calls, usher, distribute programs, etc
- Perform background research
- Assist with various promotional tasks
- Cultivate relationships with community members and business owners
- Perform online marketing and promotion
- Assist with documentation and analysis of program/exhibit/shows
Excellent computer skills are a must, with experience working on the Web and in social media. Excellent research, written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are important. Needs to be able to work independently with minimal supervision. A strong interest in entering a position in the arts–is vital.
- Non-Profit Management, Arts Administration, Drama, or Marketing
- DEADLINE: Friday, May 1st, 2015 – The application period is now closed.