The Apollo Theater proudly presents The Classical Theatre of Harlem’s production of THE FIRST NOEL from December 10-18, 2016. Following its world premiere in 2015 on the Theater’s soundstage, the Harlem-based holiday musical makes an unprecedented move to the Apollo’s mainstage this year, as part of the institution’s “Holidays at the Apollo” programming. The musical features original music and reimagined classic carols —ranging from pop to jazz to gospel — and follows three generations of a Harlem family affected by tragedy to tell a universal story of love and belonging. With an original book, music and lyrics by Lelund Durond Thompson (founder, YellaFella Entertainment) and Jason Michael Webb (Motown: The Musical, Violet and The Color Purple), Steve H. Broadnax III (Dominique Morisseau’s Blood at the Root) serves as director and Brian Harlan Brooks (Motown: The Musical) is choreographer.
- Kamilah Forbes, Apollo Theater’s Executive Producer
- Ty Jones, Classical Theatre of Harlem’s Producing Artistic Director
- Show Authors Lelund Durond Thompson & Jason Michael Webb
- Director Steven Broadnax III
- Principal Cast Members, Tina Fabrique & Ken Robinson along with the full cast
Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 10:30am
Apollo Theater, 253 West 125th Street, Harlem, New York, https://www.apollotheater.org/,